St. John Catholic High School Mission Statement
Inspired by the Gospel, the St. John Catholic High School Community strives within an environment of respect and integrity to grow in knowledge and faith. Our vision is to empower each one to live responsibly, act justly and seek God's wisdom.
A St. John Catholic High School Graduate is expected to be:
- A discerning believer formed in the Catholic Faith community who celebrates the signs and sacred mystery of God’s presence through word, sacrament, prayer, forgiveness, reflection and moral living.
- An effective communicator, who speaks, writes and listens honestly and sensitively, responding critically in light of gospel values.
- A reflective, creative and holistic thinker who solves problems and makes responsible decisions with an informed moral conscience for the common good.
- A self-directed, responsible, lifelong learner who develops and demonstrates their God-given potential.
- A collaborative contributor who finds meaning, dignity and vocation in work, which respects the rights of all and contributes to the common good.
- A caring family member who attends to family, school, parish and the wider community.
- A responsible citizen who gives witness to Catholic social teaching by promoting peace, justice and the sacredness of human life.